How to Build Self Confidence
I wanted to change the feel of Moller Marketing today . Self Confidence is one of the big keys to success in any endeavor. I’m sure most of us have heard the story about the little train that could. This train was famous for breaking paradigms, not giving up, and using his self confidence to make it over a huge hill. The simple phrase, “I think I can, I think I can” took him to a place he’d never been before.
As we start new businesses on and offline, we have to have that same attitude and perspective. It’s not “if” this is going to work, it’s “when” and “how much”. Some may already have self confidence at a certain level; like anything, we can always improve. Here are a few ideas that can help us all build more self confidence:
- Be Positive! You may not always feel positive but you have to focus on the best things that are happening. There’s no room for negativity if you want to be as successful as you have potential to be.
- Smile when you look in the mirror. Many studies have been done about the “facial feedback theory”. Conclusions have been made that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. If we look in the mirror and smile every day, we’ll feel happier and be more confident in the long run.
- Be Thankful! If you acknowledge and appreciate what you do have, it’s easier to fight off feelings of being inadequate, unsatisfied, or incomplete. Recognizing and being grateful for what you have will bring inner peace that will help boost self confidence.
- Identify your successes. Keep them written down; review them often; we’re all good at something, so discover the things you excel at and focus on your talents. Give yourself credit for the success you are seeing. Feeling inferior is a state of mind. Remember, the “Small Success leads to Big Success!”
- Surround yourself with positive people. Peer pressure has effects on everyone, not just youth. If we’re around people that are always talking bad about their life, their situation – we’ll probably tend to fall in to that pit too.
Some other things you can do that have helped include exercise, set specific short and long term goals, go for a hike or drive in the wilderness, invest in some new clothing and give away the old: looking sharp and feeling successful can go hand in hand. Remember, you can do this!