Are you enthusiastic enough?
Enthusiasm is defined as “absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit; lively interest” (http://dictionary.reference.com) Why is enthusiasm so important when building a business? Why is it important in any aspect of life?
I like to compare most things to sports. As I watch professional athletes in their area of expertise, the best, most “valuable players” all have this key characteristic: enthusiasm. These pictures should help prove my point:
Need I say more? All of these successful professionals are definitely “absorbing or controlling possession of the mind [in their]…interest or pursuit.”
How does this apply to starting a new eCommerce Business? Here are a few questions I ask myself as I assess my enthusiasm level:
- Do I continually radiate enthusiasm? The very best in any profession realize that enthusiasm can be highly contagious; they look to spread it around at every opportunity. There’s no doubt about it, an enthusiastic approach to life will motivate and inspire those around you.
- Do I share a constant supply of optimism and encouragement? Winners believe they can do anything. Their energetic approach gets others around them believing they can do anything too.
- Do I radiate a sense of self-confidence? A winner’s quiet self-confidence reassures one and all that he or she is in total control of their future success.
- Do I focus on being friendly to others, making sure I treat them the way I’d like to be treated? I know, the golden rule, but it works. You’ll discover that when you continually treat others with dignity and respect, your relationship and success will flourish.
After seriously evaluating my current level of enthusiasm, here are some things I try to do to improve:
- Surround myself with positive people
- Speak with enthusiasm and optimism
- Strive to enjoy people and relationships
- Accentuate the positive things in everyone and everything I’m around
- Track progress, take notes, and set small goals I can achieve
Enthusiasm and mindset are so crucial. If we are always trying to improve these little aspects of our day to day routine, the “big successes” will come. As the saying goes – “Small Success leads to Big Success!” Here’s one more quote that talks about enthusiasm:
Every memorable act in the history of the world is a triumph of enthusiasm. Nothing great was ever achieved without it because it gives any challenge or any occupation, no matter how frightening or difficult, a new meaning. Without enthusiasm you are doomed to a life of mediocrity but with it you can accomplish miracles. – Og Mandino
What effects have you all seen when you have a positive and enthusiastic outlook?
4 Replies to “Are you enthusiastic enough?”
I love the quotes above. The people you have chosen to exemplify the qualities of enthusiasm ooze with it. I have always been enthusiastic about my business and now, with new direction, I am turning the enthusiasm I have into a new era of success for me and my family.
I’m glad you’ve taken this step and are excited about your new direction. I’m excited to work with you and help you see results. Keep the questions coming!
Enthusiam, confidence, and a positive attitude go hand in hand with each other. You have to believe in yourself first if you want to be successful. If you have to keep telling yourself how good you are, tell yourself you will make it to the top. Remember if you climb a latter too fast you miss a step and slide back down. Slow and steady wins the race. At the same time treatment of others is extreamly important. I have used the Golden Rule for more years than I care to admit. It WORKS !
Giving encouragement to others around you, having a positive attitude, confidence and enthusiam will eventually rub off on others. There may even be a time when you are having a bad day and the returned encouragement,and enthusiam will be what you need to get you through the day.
I work with a couple of very negative people and one will say I’m too positive and stay away, with an occasionally giving in and catching the contagiousness of my enthusiam. The other catches part of it and keeps asking if I am sure they can really make accomplishments(what ever the task might be). Thats where the extra encouragement comes in. Lets face it we all need a little encouragement at one time or another.
If you have a positive attitude it helps get you through any dreaded task. Sometimes it almost seems like you get through them faster. You know you can do it so just keep positive and keep going.(Even when your not sure or really think you can’t do something, start doing anyway and you will surprise yourself 95% of the time.)
You have to be enthusiastic about what you’re doing. If you’re excited about selling something, or at least make it seem like you are, than the better the odds are that your customer will be interested too. No one wants to buy from a boring salesman, and some people will buy something they don’t need, just because the salesman was so excited about it! If you’re not excited, or enthusiastic about selling, then you probably will find it hard to sell. It’s a must if you are going to succeed in sales.