General Overview of Internet Marketing Strategies
I’ve recently been sending some of this information to clients to give them a checklist of things to be working on in the ongoing future. I’d love to hear feed back about how you use these ideas, what’s working best for your internet businesses, and what things I should add (or take away) to make it more effecient. These ideas are listed in no particular order:
- Onsite Optimization:
- continued and ongoing keyword research
- adjusting meta tags for all pages based on keyword research
- adding and revising content and internal linking (deep linking)
- page layout and functionality (test, test, test until you find things that work for you)
- promotions, specials, call to action campaigns
- customizing every page for search engines: meta tag titles and descriptions that represent what the page is actually about and tie in with the content, using keyword repetition, using pictures and content as links, alternative text for pictures
- Offsite Optimization:
- submitting to directories (free and paid)
- writing articles and publishing them at article directories
- revising articles and publishing them on your blog and website – make links within the content pointing to your website
- blogging consistently
- social media optimization (delicious, digg, and stumbleupon are some of my favorites)
- creating new social bookmarking profiles with your domain name or a keyword phrase as the user name
- writing press releases and submitting them to the directories or industry exclusive sites
- using press releases and articles on your site too (avoid duplicate content)
- social networking tools (facebook, twitter and mybloglog are some I use)
- business joint ventures Ã¢â‚¬â€œ continuing to think about and act on this options within your industry
- SALES – always asking the question “What can I do to make a sale TODAY?”
I’m sure there’s more I’m leaving out. Come back for updates.The key to all this is consistent implimentation. It’s one thing to know about these things; it’s another to actually practice them in an effective way. Remember, the best way to learn how to do something is to JUST DO IT!
Questions, comments and feedback are welcome…
If you need additional internet marketing services, let me know.
9 Replies to “General Overview of Internet Marketing Strategies”
Thanks for the list Nate. It is easy to get caught up in all the different tasks that need to be implemented. I guess the key is just keep working at it and get better as you go. As they say in the military. O.J.T. On the job training
This is very good information as we are just getting onto this part of the program and we think it will help us out a lot. Right now it seems like a lot to think about and do. We will continue on.
Thanks, Nate, for giving us such a concise checklist of these simple yet powerful activities that are essential to building and maintaining our online business. As others have said, I intend to print this list out for quick reference.
Great list to give me some direction in what needs to be done. It’s a lot to do but it sounds like fun!I can see why it is important to work on something you are interested and have fun doing.
I’m putting this where I can see it every day. It’s tricky to do all of these things simultaneously – I feel like a juggler dropping balls! It’s easy to get involved in one or two tasks at the expense of the others. Still working on time management to do all of your suggestions consistently. It will get easier when it’s more like maintenance than building it all up at the beginning…
I started thinking of excuses and then I read “Remember, the best way to learn how to do something is to JUST DO IT!
That got me back on track
I will definately print this list as I am confident that it will be useful ! It doesn’t seem as overwhelming now that you have put it out like that. It is a lot of work, but when well organized, and following your easy to use list, I am sure everything will feel a bit easier.
Thanks for laying it all out in such an easy to follow list of reminders. I need to remember to continue to do keyword research as I find keywords that were effective in the past may have dropped off the radar screen, and new, more effective phrases appear to take their place. Also, remaining consistent in blogging and social bookmarking are very important for building traffic. I recently went through all my Meta tags, titles and descriptions to more clearly define the focus of each page in our web site. I am beginning to see positive search engine results from doing that. My day to day tasks are becoming more clearly defined as I determine how to forge ahead in the world of E-commerce. Thanks, Nate.
You always have such great information. Things you’ve probably told us all before, but it is so good to be reminded and have your little check lists to get us going again.
Doug is constantly working to improve his website–search terms, keywords, etc. He’s also done a couple email campaigns. I try to offer good sales and the best customer service possible, along with personal touches they don’t get elsewhere.
And that blogging consistently thing is really hard to do, isn’t it? For me, at least.