3 eCommerce Investments You Have to Make
Getting a business started, online or offline, can be expensive. There are so many tools, gadgets, gizmos and “scams” out there that can drain your pockets of cash. It’s important to be aware of what’s mandatory and what’s optional if you really plan to be successful with an online business.
Here is a small list of things that will be needed. I’ve also given some suggestions of things I use.
- Business Name and Tax ID Number – see www.(yourstate).gov or go to a local business accountant or lawyer that can help you set things up correctly the first time. It may cost you some money up front but will save you money in the long run.
- Builder and Hosting System – I recommend Magellan Commerce for many of my clients because of it’s user friendliness and search engine compatibility. Here are some of the reasons why:
1) Custom Meta Tags for all Pages
2) Friendly URLs
3) Awesome Design Options
4) Purchase Orders, Coupons, and more
5) Great technical support
There are others options too. I use business hosting from Bluehost.com for some of my sites and then WordPress, Joomla, or OS Commerce for my builder options. The thing clients have to be aware of is that if they use Bluehost, the learning curve will be bigger than with a Builder like Magellan Commerce.
- Domain Name – Also known as a URL, website address, or website name, this is crucial (in most cases) if you plan to run a business online. I use www.GoDaddy.com to purchase domain names but there are others as well. Just make sure you don’t buy too much from these companies.
If you have found other eCommerce Investments that have been mandatory to your online success, please add them in the comments section.
Have questions about this? Share them as well.
I will list other “investments” that can be helpful in an upcoming post.