The 5 Minutes Blogging Tutorial for Beginners
Things you should know about blogging when you’re just getting started:
- Used numbered lists: Why? Organization, organization, organization. Reader friendliness! Scanability!
- Use bold text from time to time: scanability, can be good for SEO, reader friendliness
- Quote other blogs in your industry:
The New York Yankees are the best team in baseball and should be blogged about every day! Nate Moller’s Blog Tutorials
More Blogging Tips
- Use bulleted lists
- Use header tags
- Use pictures in every blog post
How to add a pictures on a blog post
- Use Video! Youtube.com is a great place to start!
- Ask for comments – end your blog posts with a question?
- Be confrontational or opinionated or controversial…encourage people to like or dislike your article and pass it on
- Let your friends and family know about your blog ASAP – ask them to comment to get started
- Share your blog posts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks (it’s better if you can get someone else to share them but you have to start somewhere…)
Blogging is not rocket science.
A blog can be a journal of your day to day activities with starting an online business. It can be a daily rant on why you hate your boss (be careful, he might be reading this). It can be a simple collection of family pictures.
For eCommerce purposes, a blog will do 5 main things:
- Build your credibility as a legitimate professional in your industry
- Get you connected to the real clients in your industry
- Allow you to do product reviews
- Help you create links for search engine purposes
- Give you a reason to interview big names in the industry and guest post on other blogs