What is true Success?
This is a question I have quite a bit as a business owner and professional consultant. People measure success in different ways. Some say it’s all about the bottom line dollar amount a person makes; others say it’s knowledge acquired. At www.dictionary.com, it says the following:
- the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.
- the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.
- the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.
As many of you who I work with know, I truly believe that “Small Success leads to Big Success.” I came up with this saying because of my experience as a student with Prosper, Inc. I started knowing basically nothing about websites, SEO, or internet marketing. But, as I chipped away at things, did my homework as best I could, and stayed committed to proving that the system worked, I started seeing things happen. Was it overnight, absolutely not: the best things usually never are but success did happen. And then it happened again. And again. And then even more.
So many doors have been opened because of my involvement with Prosper as a student and then later on as an eCommerce Mentor. I’ve formed multiple eCommerce businesses, signed a legal partnership with an already established business as their Marketing Director and Internet Marketer, and I really feel that’s just the beginning. The knowledge I gained from my mentor has helped me become a better coach. It opened my mind to all the possibilities that are out there for entrepreneurs. I know now more than ever before that success is there for everyone if they are willing to do what’s required.
Below are my top 20 Success Quotes (not in order of importance). Read them to yourself often and you will achieve true success:
- “Men are born to succeed, not fail.” Henry David Thoreau
- “Nothing happens until I make it happen.” contributed by: Scott Wilson
- “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” Abraham Lincoln
- “People seldom see the halting and painful steps by which the most insignificant success is achieved.” Anne Sullivan
- “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” Mark Twain
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
- “Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments.” Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s simply a matter of doing what you do best and not worrying about what the other fellow is going to do.” John R. Amos
- “There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.” Christopher Morley
- “What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?” Robert Schuller
- “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” William Feather
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” Robert Collier
- “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” Ella Fitzgerald
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” Albert Schweitzer
- “Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” Lowell Thomas
- “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” Dale Carnegie
- “Success is never wondering what if.” Karrie Huffman
- “Success is getting what you want, and happiness is wanting what you get.” Dave Gardner
- “The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed.” Nelson Boswell
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” Henry David Thoreau