Exclusive Interview – How Nate Moller Got Started in eCommerce
Prosper is the most trusted name in one to one personalized education. If it weren’t for my education at Prosper Learning, I would probably still be trying to sell copiers and printers, which is NOT what I want to do.
Here are some of the things that were covered:
What did you do before you got started in eCommerce?
– After college, worked in sales, originally door-to-door sales.
Why did you want to get started in eCommerce?
– Had some friends who had done the program and had seen results. I had never done anything online before beyond basic surfing. Wanted to know about options about how ecommerce worked. I worked at places that did not have an online presence.
How did you get started in eCommerce?
– Looked at things that he was interested in. Started with mentor. Brainstormed ideas of things that he was interested in “ hobbies, etc, including sports and clogging. Wrote down clogging as a possible interest….
(contact the resource line for the password)
Birth Order Sucks!
So who does Mom love more, the 1st born son or the poor daughter below?
I’m still trying to figure out a creative way to tie this in to Starting an Online Business.
How would you associate this picture with online marketing or starting a business online?
More content to come on this post – stay tuned for updates – Comments Invited!
Nathan Moller for President!
So, vote for Nathan Moller Today!
This is a cool viral marketing strategy that could work for your business too – try it out!
Uggla, or is it “Ugly!”
E4, and then another E4! Hooray for the American League! The game isn’t quite over but it might as well be. Poor Dan Uggla of the Florida Marlins made two huge errors and it looks like the AL will win the All Star game and have home field advantage in the World Series.
The drama, however, there are now two outs and the bases are still loaded; we’ll see what happens.
UPDATE: the game continues – somehow the NL got out of a bases loaded no out jam to get to the 11th inning.
Another UPDATE: Yes, Uggla had one more error before the night was over, although the ball took a bad hop. Yes, I did stay up until the bottom of the 15th inning to watch one of the longest All Star Games in Major League Baseball history, and YES, the American League did finally win (although I thought they got some bad calls on the play at home and on the steal of 2nd earlier in the extra-inning episode.) What this all means is that my Yankees will now get home field advantage in the World Series!
Staring an Online Business Tip:
How can this whole article tie in with what you are doing with your new online business? Always remember, writing about things your passionate about is always going to be a lot easier than trying to re-invent the wheel and learn a completely new industry. As an online business owner, you either need to like writing or hire someone who can write for you: your main way to communicate with visitors is via “sales copy”.
Why Did You Subscribe to MollerMarketing.com?
NEW CONTEST: In the comment box below, answer this simple question –
Why did you subscribe to MollerMarketing.com?
I recently got this “feedback” from a subscriber that made my day:
…have been subscribing to MollerMarketing newsletter for quite sometime which I have found to be a tremendous resource. [Nate Moller] has so much in his websites to fill my timelines with for the next months and months. I have also printed many of the quotes from his websites, listen to [mollermarketing] podcasts. I cannot thank him enough for all the free stuff he has generously doled out from the goodness of his heart.
Thanks for the motivation to keep on keeping on! This Friday at 4:00 p.m. MST I will be doing a drawing – the winner will receive a free 10 minute interview on the MollerMarketing.com Podcast.
Make sure to include name, email and website in the comment so I can keep track of who’s who.
The Power of Podcasts!
Here’s a fun update about the power of podcasting. Thanks to a current colleague of mine for his tutorials and guidance on podcasting. Look at the numbers – up to 75 downloads in one day for a MollerMarketing Podcast.
I’ve had one reader contact me about sponsoring the podcast. Let me know if you’re interested in getting mentioned on the next Moller Marketing Podcast, including a keyword link within the content.
Making Money Online with Ad Sales
Learn 3 tips to help get your new website making money quickly. Targeted online advertising sales can diversify the marketing strategy of small, medium and large sized businesses.
Ed Winslow, of Metrocrete.com, talks about his internet experience. He got in to internet stuff about two years ago and didn’t know too much. He thought that if you had a website, that was all you needed to succeed. He is realizing there is a lot more to it than just having a website.
“There’s so much that I need to still learn…I do product reviews…and I have received some real interest. I have 4 companies who have signed up already for about $250 [each] per month…it’s going to continue growing from there.” says Ed.
How would you talk to a potential advertiser?
Talk to the prospect from a completely different angle. The conversation doesn’t have to be a sales pitch. Go in as if I’m giving them something for free. Doing reviews on a product and then advertising on the site.
Give potential advertisers so many good reasons to advertise that they can’t say no: do reviews on their product, advertising includes the following things:
- building content for the consumer first
- targeted keyword links within the site content
- usage of specific and selected keyword phrases
- using keyword research and relevance to promote their site
- the advertising is a resource to the consumer making it a win/win for everyone
- the advertising on the blog is very targeted to the topic and content discussed
What are 3 tips to Success in Advertising Sales?
- Know Your Product and Like It: if you don’t have a lot of enthusiasm in your voice about the product and what you’re doing, you won’t get the sale. There are way too many competitors out there.
- Create a Tickler File: have a list of prospects with phone numbers, keep track of when you call, what was talked about, what they said, what you did – ALL THE DETAILS!
- Don’t get Discouraged! Having passion about what you do will be a big part of your success. It won’t happen overnight but things do happen.
“The internet is just like any other business…it’s going to take time and you have to stick with it!”
Special thanks to Ed for his feedback. If you’d like an interview like this one, contact Moller Marketing at mollermarketing (at) gmail (dot) com for details.